Welcome to our final half-term of the academic year
We will be continuing with our new expedition – What a Wonderful World with the Guiding question: What is our relationship with the natural world?
There are so many exciting things happening this half-term:
- Our new staff join us, starting this week with an outdoor adventure together to learn what it means to be Crew. Your children will see lots of our new staff from next week.
- Student-Led Conferences for your children starting in the fortnight commencing 13th June.
- The book launch for From The Ground Up. We have seen the proof that has gone to the printers and this is looking stunning! More info on this very soon.
- Transition for our new students joining us in August. Year 6 students will be joining us in school on 28th and 29th June.
- The Presentation of Learning for our current learning expedition will take place on Tue 19th July.
COVID testing – A reminder to test your children this evening
Please make sure you complete a Lateral Flow Test with your child this Sunday evening and complete our online form as usual for this evening.
Whilst Covid infections are still falling in the community, given the size of our setting this really helps us to keep everyone safe and for our school to remain open.
If you require any extra LFT kits please let us know.
We will continue to keep doors and windows open for ventilation so students are advised to bring multiple layers to school to keep warm. This is how we look after each other – #wearecrew
Extended Study this week
Señorita Quested, Miss Tatters and Mr Walters are joining our new colleagues on their outdoor adventure this week as they have not yet had this important part of their training. We are therefore operating with fewer staff in school this week. This means that we are only able to run our extended study sessions after school but not our usual sports clubs.
PE sessions this week – Extra session this Thursday
In light of the above, students will have an additional PE session this week. For both classes this additional session of PE will be on Thursday. So all students have PE on both Tuesday and Thursday this week.
Google Forms for SLC preparation
Thanks to those parents that have completed the Google Form following the snapshots that were shared. We really do need these to be completed so that your child can use these to prepare for their SLCs. Crew Leaders will be in contact with you if the Google Form has not yet been completed.
As usual if there are any queries please do get in contact with your child’s Crew Leader.