Year 7 students will be carrying out fieldwork this week on Friday 9th September as part of the immersion for their new learning expedition.
We will be travelling to the National Coal Mining Museum in Wakefield by coach and returning on the same day. The day will involve an underground tour so there are some important considerations in terms of kit and arrival times.
Friday 9th September – Important info for fieldwork
- Students must be in school by 8.10am at the latest on this morning so that they can be registered before leaving.
- We are leaving school by coach at 8.30am.
- We expect to return to school between 4.30pm and 5.00pm (please check the website for updates)
- Students will need a packed lunch for the day. If your child receives a free school meal, we will provide a packed lunch.
- The visit will involve an underground tour which can be quite cold, so students need layers to keep warm.
- Students need to bring their regular kit for the day in a bag as there are exhibits in the site where students can take photographs using iPads for example.