As you know a school-managed iPad is part of the standard kit required of students in secondary schools across XP Trust. We have brokered a successful Parental Contribution Scheme to enable this for all our children for the last 4 years and continue to do this again for 2023/24.
The iPad scheme for September 2023 includes:
- An iPad 9th Generation
- A logitech keyboard and trackpad
- AppleCare + for two years
- Jamf – (device management and security)
- A glass screen protector
We will have a bank of Apple Pencils for use in Art and Design sessions. You are welcome to purchase an apple pencil of your own, should you wish, and we would recommend either:
- Apple Pencil – Touch sensitive
- Skriva – Not touch sensitive but does shade on the angle of the nib.
The extended warranty is covered by Apple for the first two years. You handle your own claims through an app. Further information can be found here:
There is a claim excess for broken screens at £29, we will supply a glass screen protector free of charge. This will be checked regularly by Crew Leaders as part of our kit checks.
You can get support and make warranty claims here: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044
Loss or theft of the iPad needs to be covered by your personal home insurance.
Cost of the scheme
The total retail cost of these items bought separately would be £598. Through our new purchase scheme the cost to you is £451.
This balance will be applied to your Parent Pay account and you can manage your own payments. Here are a few options.
- £12.53 per month for 36 months (£2.89 a week)
- £18.79 per month for 24 months (£4.44 a week)
- Pay the balance at any time within three years at comfortable amounts for your circumstances.
- Speak with your child’s Crew Leader if you need financial support with this.
At the end of your child’s time in school the device can be kept by the family if the balance has been paid in full.
To order your child’s ipad, please complete this Google Form.