Good morning, we hope that you and children are enjoying the break. It has been great to continue to receive examples of beautiful work, and so lovely to see families supporting each other on the Facebook group too.
Kit for regular school days
Some parents have asked about kit for regular school days. Our dress-code addresses items of clothing but additional essential kit that students will need day-to-day are:
- A school bag that can hold the following:
- A water bottle
- A device appropriate for school work – such as the iPads through the school scheme
- IMPORTANT: Smartphones are not appropriate for school work. Students can bring phones to school but they must be switched off and out of sight during the school day
- Headphones – ideally not expensive ones, for example here
- Pencil case including: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser and pencil sharpener
Kit for Ullswater – reminder
What to bring…
- £10 refundable deposit
- Packed lunch (for the first day only)
- Personal medication (tablets, inhaler, epipen for example)
- XPG Transition pack including the artefact and answer to the guiding question
- A case or bag with the following:
- 2 x Dry activity kit: T-shirt (football type material is ideal), hoodie or fleece, tracksuit bottoms, leggings or shorts in warmer weather, 1 pair of old trainers for the dry activities
- 2 x Wet activity kit: T-shirt (football type material is ideal), shorts, a different pair of old trainers for wet activities
- 6 pairs of socks (3 pairs of thick hiking type socks or football socks)
- 6 pairs of underwear
- Tracksuit bottoms, leggings, hoodies, sweat tops or fleece tops are ideal, (try to avoid sending jeans to use during activities)
- Sun hat or cap and sun cream
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrush, shower gel and/or shampoo, deodorant
Useful items but not essential…
- Notepad and pen
- Maximum of £5 for the shop, this is optional
More information on Ullswater can be found on our transition website here.
We will post more information in the coming weeks about arrangements for when you arrive at school on the morning of 31st August, including parking etc. As some of you have seen, work is now underway on the building.
We’re so excited to be able to welcome you to our new school very soon!
If you have any questions, please do continue to contact us at [email protected]